Farming in Nepal
- Agriculture employs more than 70 % of the population. (World Bank, 2016).
- Nepal is made up of three ecological regions; Mountain, Hills and Terai (FAO, 2010).
- Mountain region ranges from 2000m-8848m in altitude. (FAO, 2010) Livestock graze for 6-8 hours on pasture when the land is not covered in snow. (FAO).
- The hills have a high animal population lactating cows and buffalo are kept in the villages (FAO, 2010). There are concerns I this hills regions in regards to heavy infestation of parasites and improvement is needed for animal diseases (FAO, 2010).
- Terai most households have cattle in this region, there are breakouts animal diseases as well ( FAO,2010)